Video FAQ

  • Am I Allowed to Move if I am on Probation or Parole?

    A probationer or parolee who wants to move typically must ask the court or their probation or parole officer, who considers the reasons for the move and whether the new location allows them to maintain supervision. If you have specific questions about moving while on parole or probation, a criminal law attorney in your area can help.

  • What is the Difference Between Probation and Parole?

    At the time of sentencing, a judge can order probation in lieu of jail time or to follow a jail sentence. But parole isn’t part of a judge's sentencing order. Parole is an early release of an inmate from prison. If you have specific questions related to the details of your probation or parole, a Bridgeview criminal defense attorney can help.

  • What is a Misdemeanor?

    Generally speaking, crimes that are less serious than felonies but more serious than civil infractions are called “misdemeanors.”Misdemeanor convictions carry a range of penalties, including fines, probation, community service, restitution, and jail. If you’ve been charged with a misdemeanor, a Bridgeview criminal defense lawyer can explain how the law applies in your situation.

  • What is a Felony?

    Under state and federal law, serious crimes are generally called “felonies” and less serious crimes are “misdemeanors.” Each of these categories can also have classes or levels, depending on the relative seriousness of the offense and the stringency of the punishment. If you’ve been charged with a felony, a Bridgeview, IL criminal defense attorney in your area can explain your rights and what to expect.

  • Should I talk to the police after an arrest?

    If you’ve been arrested, you have the right to remain silent. If you invoke your Miranda rights, law enforcement cannot question you until you consult an attorney. If you decide to talk, you can cut off questioning at any time and invoke your rights by announcing that you intend to remain silent and that you want to see an Bridgeview attorney.

  • What happens once I’m convicted of DWI or DUI ?

    If you’re convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you face consequences that can include losing your license; paying a fine and fees; community service; and serving jail time. Typically, DUI penalties depend on the level of intoxication and whether anyone was injured in a related accident. If you’re concerned about the consequences of a DUI or DWI conviction, a Bridgeview criminal defense attorney in your state can help.

  • Do I need a Criminal Defense attorney if I am not Guilty?

    Even if you’ve been falsely accused, you should contact a Bridgeview criminal defense lawyer, who can protect your rights. Our criminal justice system is adversarial by nature, and unrepresented defendants are at a significant disadvantage against a professional prosecutor, even when they are completely innocent. Even if you aren’t ready to hire an attorney, you can consult one on a limited basis and still enjoy full attorney-client privilege

  • Can arrest or conviction records be expunged?

    In some states, only misdemeanors and minor infractions can be expunged or sealed. In other states, you can expunge or seal an arrest, but not a conviction. And DUI convictions can be expunged or sealed in only a few states. A Bridgeview criminal defense lawyer can help you understand the process for expunging, sealing, or clearing a criminal record in your Illinois.

Contact Us


Map & Directions