Bridgeview, IL Commercial Real Estate Attorneys Serve Business
Property Owners and Tenants
Attorneys help clients make effective economic use of their
land and buildings
Commercial real estate transactions often raise complicated issues not common in residential real estate deals. Counseling buyers, sellers, lenders, developers, lessors and lessees in such deals demands an attorney with an in-depth knowledge of commercial financing as well as federal, state and local laws governing land use, taxes and tenantsâ rights. If you are a commercial property owner or lessee or you plan to purchase or rent business property, whether for development or other uses, Skinner Law Firm, P.C. has the requisite experience and legal knowledge to serve your needs.
Effective counsel assist businesses with a range of commercial real estate issues
Commercial real estate is a major financial asset and transactions affecting its ownership and use require careful and precise legal handling. We give close and thorough careful attention to all legal issues involved with a constant focus on protecting our clientsâ interests. This includes:
- Sitting down with you to determine what you need to accomplish and how best to achieve it
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing and amending contracts to ensure that they carry out your needs and objectives
- Closing deals that acquire the property you need to use commercially
- Assisting you with the commercial development of the property, addressing legal issues involving planning, financing, construction and dealing with contractors and subcontractors
- Obtaining the appropriate zoning, building, business and other permits
- Developing and implementing strategies for obtaining zoning approvals or variances
- Addressing the Americans for Disability Act and other state and federal requirements
- Securing mortgages, insurance and other necessary services
- Leasing premises to commercial tenants or from commercial landlords
We use our deep understanding of commercial and real estate law to evaluate the legal ramifications of every step along the way, anticipating and preparing for potential problems as we guide you through the transaction at hand.
Advocates skilled at resolving commercial real estate disputes
No matter how carefully you prepare, disputes can arise and sometimes litigation is unavoidable. We are ready to represent you in resolving such controversies as:
- Breach of contract and other disputes over the purchase, sale or development of property
- Claims by contractors and subcontractors
- Appeals of zoning decisions
- Right-of-way and other easement conflicts
- Landlord-tenant disagreements
- Eminent domain and other condemnations
While we prepare to present the best case or defense in litigation, we also pursue satisfactory settlements with opposing counsel through negotiation and other dispute resolution methods, which will generally achieve major savings in costs.
Contact a skilled Illinois commercial real estate lawyer for a free initial consultation
If you need legal assistance with the acquisition, development, use, sale or protection of commercial real estate, Skinner Law Firm, P.C. can supply the sound advice and effective representation you need. We have been providing trusted legal services throughout the Cook County area for nearly 20 years. Please call 312-635-6459 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Bridgeview, office.