Bridgeview Personal Injury Lawyer Advocates for Accident Victims
Dedicated attorney fights to win compensation for clients’ serious injuries
Bridgeview, Illinois — a busy Chicago suburb that is home to 16,000 people — has its fair share of accidents resulting in serious injuries. At Skinner Law Firm, P.C., we represent people throughout Cook County and the metropolitan area who are injured or killed in automobile, motorcycle and trucking accidents. We also represent families of birth injury victims and people hurt as the result of medical malpractice or other acts of negligence. We are ready to use our legal skill and knowledge to vigorously pursue legal action against the responsible parties and their insurance companies on your behalf.
Do you need a lawyer?
Hiring an attorney to represent you in a lawsuit for your personal injuries can substantially increase your chances of proving liability and of increasing the amount of your recovery. As your attorney, Steven E. Skinner II will:
- Investigate your accident thoroughly, preserving evidence and locating witnesses
- Identify and bring suit against the potentially liable parties
- Make sure you meet the statute of limitations and important court deadlines
- Represent you in dealing with insurance companies and opposing lawyers
- Knowledgeably address legal issues that arise in your case
- Hire the right expert witnesses on your behalf
- Negotiate for an acceptable settlement
- Develop and present witness testimony and argue the case to the jury
We will work diligently to build a strong case for you and to aggressively pursue a recovery of fair and adequate damages, including compensation for medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.
How much does it cost?
If you hire us to represent you in a personal injury case, you pay us a contingent fee, which is a percentage of the amount you recover from the liable parties or their insurers in a settlement or as a result of a jury verdict. That maximizes our incentive to win your case and gives you the assurance that you won’t owe us anything if we lose.
What damages may you be eligible to collect?
In your personal injury case, you may be entitled to recover damages in the form of:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income and diminished ability to earn a living
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (deprivation of spousal relations)
Some of those damages can be calculated based on financial records. Others, such as pain and suffering, are matters for a jury to value, but we use expert testimony and other evidence to substantiate them. As your legal representative, Attorney Skinner’s goal is to recover damages sufficient to make up for the losses you have suffered.
How long do you have to sue?
A plaintiff normally must file suit within two years of the occurrence that caused the injuries. However, that deadline may be tolled during the period of time that:
- A plaintiff was under 18 years of age
- A plaintiff was not mentally competent
- A defendant left Illinois and did not yet return
If an injury from an accident or other incident is not immediately apparent, the statute is tolled until the injury is discovered or reasonably should have been discovered. However, in most cases a lawsuit cannot be brought later than four years from the date of the injury, regardless of the circumstances.
If you come to us soon enough, we will make sure your lawsuit is filed in a timely manner.
Contact a trustworthy personal injury attorney for a free initial consultation
If you need legal assistance for a personal injury case, turn to Skinner Law Firm, P.C. for sound advice and effective representation. We have been providing trusted legal services throughout the Cook County area for nearly 20 years. Please call 312-635-6459 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Bridgeview, Illinois office.