Birth Injury Attorney in Bridgeview, IL Seeks Compensation for Infants and Their Parents
Dedicated lawyer holds health professionals liable for birth defects caused by negligence
The birth of a baby is a wonderful event, but unfortunately, about 28,000 babies a year are born with injuries, some of which are the result of carelessness or misdiagnosis by medical professionals. If this happens in your family, Skinner Law Firm, P.C. is ready to investigate the cause and, if it is the result of negligence, hold those at fault liable.
What caused your child’s birth injury?
Some birth injuries are unavoidable but many are the result of some kind of medical malpractice, including:
- Improper prenatal care — A healthy birth depends on healthy development of the fetus. Poor medical care during pregnancy can have unfortunate repercussions.
- Delivery errors — The doctor delivering the baby must avoid such errors as prolonging labor, improperly using forceps and other equipment, rupturing the uterus and depriving the baby of oxygen.
- Failure to monitor — Problems before, during or after delivery, including signs of fetal distress, can be identified and corrected but only if medical staff vigilantly monitors the situation.
- Failure to perform a timely C-section — Sometimes, normal deliveries are too dangerous and a caesarian section is essential for the health of mother and child. A doctor’s delay or failure in making that decision can have disastrous results.
If something goes wrong during the birth of your child and you come to us for help, we will consult with medical experts to determine what caused the problem and whether medical malpractice was a contributing factor. If it was, we will aggressively pursue your claims against those who may be responsible.
What injuries can result from birth-related medical malpractice?
Medical errors during delivery can cause life-long physical or mental defects and other medical problems for your child. These include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brachial plexus injury (injury to nerves leading to the baby’s shoulders and arms)
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
As your counsel, we document all of the injuries that can be traced to birth-related malpractice and seek sufficient damages to compensate you and your child for these injuries, either by settling the case or by going to trial.
How can an Illinois birth injury attorney help you?
If your child suffered injury due to birth-related medical malpractice and you retain us as your legal counsel, we will:
- Obtain detailed records of the prenatal care, delivery and postnatal care
- Investigate the facts of the case and assemble supporting evidence
- Retain competent medical experts to evaluate the case and identify medical errors
- Identify and bring suit against the liable parties
- Negotiate a settlement or, if necessary, take the case to trial
Our goal will be to secure maximum compensation for the injuries suffered. From the moment you arrive for your initial consultation until the conclusion of the case, Attorney Steven E. Skinner II will provide you with personalized service and a sympathetic ear.
Contact a trustworthy birth injury attorney for a free initial consultation
If your loved child suffered a birth injury that you believe may be linked to a medical professional’s error, turn to Skinner Law Firm, P.C. for sound advice and effective representation. We have been providing trusted legal services throughout the Cook County area for nearly 20 years. Please call 312-635-6459 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Bridgeview, Illinois office.