Experienced Attorneys Assist Clients with Back and Spinal Injuries in Bridgeview, IL
Determined legal representation for potentially permanent injuries
The human spine is an intricate mechanism. Relaying nerve impulses to and from the brain, the spinal cord is the central conduit that enables all of our bodily functions. But the human spine was not designed to withstand the trauma of a high-impact auto accident or a sudden slip and fall onto a concrete surface. Injuries to the spinal cord can interrupt nerve impulses, resulting in an array of symptoms, from numbness and tingling in the extremities to paralysis. If you have suffered spinal trauma due to another person’s negligence, you are entitled to financial compensation. For more than 20 years, the Skinner Law Firm, P.C. in Bridgeview, Illinois has helped clients with severe injuries obtain the money damages they deserve. We are ready to fight for you.
How do car accidents cause neck and back injuries?
According to the Mayo Clinic, automobile and motorcycle accidents account for more than 50 percent of spinal cord injuries. (Slips and falls are the second most frequent cause.) Depending on the circumstances of a car accident, any of the following injuries can result:
- Whiplash — This occurs when the back-and-forth action of the head during a crash causes soft-tissue damage in the neck and back. Whiplash is common in rear-end and T-bone auto accidents. It is sometimes accompanied by concussion symptoms.
- Fractured vertebrae — The bones in the spinal column can break due to stress or impact. Surgery may be required and victims may have to wear a halo to immobilize their heads for an extended period of recovery.
- Herniated discs — The discs are the cushions of the spinal column. When a disc herniates, a bulge is created that misaligns the spinal cord, causing intense pain that radiates throughout the body.
- Strains and sprains — A car accident can damage connective tissue, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments, often due to hyperextension and torqueing. These tissues may require extensive rehabilitation until comfort and mobility are restored.
Our attorneys consult with medical experts to understand the full extent of your injury, so that we can pursue the appropriate amount of damages.
Symptoms of back and spine pain after a car accident
If you have been hurt in an auto accident, it’s important to seek medical care immediately. The rush of adrenaline often masks neck and back injuries and you may not know you’ve been hurt until hours or days later. Symptoms you might experience can include:
- Nerve pain, which can be stabbing or a dull ache, in one spot or radiating outward
- Fatigue in your extremities, so your arms and legs feel heavy
- Numbness or tingling in your fingers and/or toes
- Sensitivity to light
- Stiffness and limited range of motion
- Problems walking, standing, or sitting
When you get immediate treatment, you not only safeguard your health; you also protect yourself from accusations that a subsequent event caused your injuries.
How can a lawyer help you with your case?
Suffering intense pain and coping with extensive medical treatment is exhausting enough without the added stress of fighting with an insurance company. We relieve you of that burden and we protect you from lowball settlements, working steadfastly to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Contact our personal injury attorneys for a free neck and back injury consultation
The Skinner Law Firm, P.C. in Bridgeview, Illinois provides and effective representation for clients who have sustained spinal injuries in auto accidents. We have delivered positive results in cases throughout the Cook County area for more than 20 years. Please call 312-635-6459 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.